If you want to deliver better software faster, and live in or close to Cardiff, Wales – then this group is for you!
A chance to exchange some of the latest ideas and technologies for implementing Continuous Delivery, Automation and DevOps practices through short presentations by invited speakers, and a chance to chat it after over drinks/snacks with new friends.
This event was created with the intention of uncovering betters ways of interacting between development and operations, by doing it and helping others do it.
Our aims are simple;
1. Demonstrate tools, techniques and practices we use to bridge the gap between software development and IT groups they rely upon.
2. Facilitate discussion on DevOps successes and challenges.
3. Explore, experiment and learn new and better ways of practicing DevOps.
Come and join us and help create more awesome!
Here are the slides from James’s epic demo at #VelocityConf…
(1) Don’t share the URL to your new tool with a room of 800 geeks BEFORE your demo
(2) make sure you have “here’s one I created earlier” web pages in another Chrome Tab
(3) Have a larger API key so you don’t run out of test credits…
This week is a full on conference-fest for the DevOpsGuys!
@TheDevMgr will be doing a lightening demo at Velocity Conf on www.worldwidepagetest.com (a global testing front-end for www.webpagetest.org)
Then the @DevOpsGuys will have “Office Hours” at Velocity at 10.45am on Thursday.
@TheOpsMgr will be hanging around Velocity all week while furiously sorting out last minute details for WebPerfDays London 2013 (which is now Sold Out but there are some tickets still available for the “After Party” on Saturday night I you want to come and hang out post-Velocity).
We’ll be around in the Hilton Metropole bar on Wednesday night if you want to come over to say hello. Just listen out for the loud Aussie and Welshman and that will be us…